So dear readers, what is the magical feminine woowoo and what does it have to do with the art of sex and awakening your inner awesome? We dove into these questions at the last workshop and it was a lot of fun.
Let’s start with a little primer:
This handy dandy little chart below outlines the basic distinctions. It helps to think of these energies as Yin and Yang because men and women are not inherently masculine or feminine – though it's not hard to spot tendencies and stereotypes. These two opposite but complimentary energies are two sides of the same coin, they live in all of us and just like we need to balance these energies within ourselves, the world needs to balance these energies.
So what does this mean for you?
I started in the workshop by asking participants the following questions:
- How do these energies play in your life?
- Which words from each list resonate for you? Where do you see your personality lining up?
- How does this change if you think about how you are in life, in the sack and at work? Do you shift between the two?
- What happens when there is a lack of one of these energies in your life, what happens if there is too much of one?
Last year I bit the bullet and decided I could use some therapy. I dragged my self-judging ass to her office because I was feeling limited, and lacking, in all areas of my life. I decided I had to be getting in my own way and maybe some help would be a good thing.
During this process I realized I had a big time challenges with surrender, with being, with patience, with receiving. I like to think of my masculine energies as my inner business woman and my feminine energies as my inner hippy. I’m a person who feels more powerful in my masculine energy and while I recognize my inner hippy I hold a lot of judgment for her.
For me these dots can be connected across all of my buckets. My challenges with surrender, patience and being impact my ability to fully enjoy sex, and they make me feel like I am swimming against the current in work and in life. What if I stopped judging my inner hippy and recognize the gifts and talents that she brings to the table? How can I make friends with these energies that I struggle with and how will that bring me closer to mind-blowing sex and a mind-blowing life?
We live in a world that is dominated by masculine energies, where this “way of doing” is what is most socially expectable and where social pressures weigh on us to be “a certain way”. The feminine offers something very different, and many would argue much needed. Companies are starting to recognize the value in more feminine, collaborative and nurturing approaches to leadership, and it is no coincidence that we are seeing the rise of Aboriginal, Feminine and Sustainability paradigms across the world.
Women are different than men, people are different from other people. Awakening your inner awesome is about embracing every piece of yourself; owning your personal fingerprint. As women this means recognizing, claiming and owning the feminine in us and finding ways to let these energies shine.
Three things you can do:
1) Know Yourself. Love Yourself. Ask yourself the questions above, what do you see? What parts of yourself are you judging? How can you embrace them?
2) Meditate, take long walks by yourself, do yoga, sit in nature . I know all things you’ve heard before. These can all help you to connect to feminine energies. I dare you to try one this week. Share with us how it went.
3) Tap into your intuition. Now I know you are thinking HOW?, HOW I ASK YOU? – I had my own mini freak out about this mystical, magical, unicorn intuition thing. Here’s what I have found has works for me. 1) Find some quiet (all it takes is a few deep, intentional breaths). 2) Ask yourself “the” question. 3) The first words, first image, first body sensation that comes to you is the right one. Any other voices that chime in with a "but…." are you brain getting involved.
The Happy V
PS - This is a massive topic and I have so much to say about it – more about how sex connects you these energies and other tantalizing tidbits to come.
PPS - I know quoting the Da Vinci Code is probably not the most deep and inspiring thing every but I liked the quote. So deal.